VICTORIA PHOENIX WALKING FESTIVAL
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
May 3 – 5, 2019
GREEK COMMUNITY CENTRE
4648 Elk Lake Drive, Victoria BC V8Z 5M1
Festival opens at 8:00 am Friday and closes at 3:00 pm on Sunday
Full information available at: http://www.vvpf.ca/index.html
What is happening – Updated Aug 5, 2018
- Additional walks added to the weekend
- Seven walks will be available every day with 5, 6, 10, 11 or 12 km distances.
- One 21 km with open start available on Saturday.
- Want the challenge of a longer walk? Combine walks for 21, 32 or 42 km distances.
- If you collect Volkssport credits you will get credit for each walk.
- All walks begin and end at the Greek Community Centre.
- Walks available with open starts all three days and group walks each day with one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- The popular swim event is offered again this year on Saturday & Sunday
- Once again, lots of great prizes. 20 tickets included in your registration package to put in the prize boxes of your choice.
- Complimentary coffee available all day. Goodies, cookies etc 8:00 until 10:00 am.
- Lunch, snacks, beer & wine available for purchase from 11:00 onward.
- Meet & Greet on Friday with tasty variety of Greek snacks (included in registration fee).
- Dinner Saturday night will be the very popular Greek buffet with delicious pasta, meats salads, vegetables & dessert. Sells out at each Festival.
- Cash bar available both nights.
Other exciting news:
- There will be a pre Festival walk on Thursday evening along the Victoria waterfront starting from a downtown location. (Location to be confirmed)
- After the Festival, there will be a post Festival six days of walking on Vancouver Island. ‘Coast to Coast’
- Walks begin Monday morning with a walk on the trails through the Hatley Park National Historic site and along the waterfront of Esquimalt Lagoon. Walks will continue up Island in Chemainus, Westwood Lake/Morrell Nature Sanctuary, Little Qualicum Falls, Cathedral Grove, Ucluelet, Tofino, Qualicum Beach, Parksville and ending in Nanaimo on Saturday, September 11th.
- Join us for all the walks or one or two. No advance registration required.
- See Coast to Coast Walk page for walk schedule and suggested accommodation.
Changes to Festival. This year in our efforts to be more environmentally aware, we will not be supplying single use disposable bottles of water. We will instead have water coolers available to fill your own bottles. Please remember to bring a water bottle.
For the last two Festivals we have not had to increase our fees. Unfortunately due to rising costs, the Greek Community Centre has had to increase their prices. For us to continue to put on the Festival, we have had to increase our fees accordingly. We hope you will continue to support us and join us for a great fun filled weekend.
We look forward to seeing you all in May, 2019
|FUN, FITNESS, FRIENDSHIP & FOOD!!|
Mail-in Registration is now open. Online registration will be available soon