The goal of the program is to encourage people to leave
their backyards and explore our beautiful state
There are three categories in this challenge:
1. Multi-Day Events:The participants can take a stamp for any walk that is offered as part of a Multi-Day event. You can take a stamp for each multi-day event you do. Each stamp can only be used once a year.
2. Holiday/Traditional or Festival Events: The participants can take a stamp for any walk that is offered as a Holiday/Traditional or Festival event. Only one stamp per walk per year will count.
3. “New to Me” Events: The participants can take a stamp for any non-YRE walk that is a walk they have never done before. The walk itself does not have to be a new walk, but it must be a walk you personally have never done before. This one is strictly on the “honor system”.
- On the Road Again challenge ends December 31, 2025; however, you may complete and return the book within two years after the last sale date.
- Complete 15 AVA sanctioned events where the walk meets the correct criteria. As you complete AVA events, place the IVV certification stamp in the slot that corresponds to the category requirement which the event fulfills and then fill in the qualifier. You may use the same walk once per year. Events walked in WA, OR, ID & AK are allowed.
- You are encouraged to complete qualifying walks out of your own area (defined as western, central, & eastern WA—see map on ESVA website for details)
- The award is a 100% embroidered, 4 inch patch, as shown above”. After that sentence add the following sentence: “Patches for books received after the end date will be sent as long as they are available. No refunds.
When completed, mail to: POC
25320 SE 184th St
Maple Valley, WA 98038