39 Counties Book Second EditionThe 39 Counties program, second edition, starts January 1, 2013 and runs indefinitely. It challenges you to complete a volkswalk or other volkssport event in each of the 39 counties of Washington state. The event must actually pass through the county. Each county will have a walk event available at least once every 2 years.
The 2nd Edition challenge is not retroactive. Only events dated 2013 or later may be used.
- There are two ways to complete this award:
- You may send in $10 to get a book to use and reserve a patch. When you send in the completed book, you get the patch and certificate. You may either use the AVA sanction stamp in the book or write in the information. The book has been approved for the use of the sanction stamp by the AVA Executive Director.
- Or, you may download a form to use at no cost, then send in the completed form and $10 to get the patch, certificate or both, if you wish. AVA sanction stamps CAN NOT BE USED on the downloaded form. Click here for the form in PDF format.
- Traditional (regular) events, YREs or seasonals all count, including bikes, cross-country skis, swims or other volkssport events, as long as the event has an official event number (whatever is on the stamp.)
- You must pay for credit for the event and fill out a start card.
- When you finish a walk or other volkssport event, write in the date, event name and stamp number in your 39 Counties 2nd Edition form or book, or stamp your 2nd Edition book.
- The cost of this program includes the patch and postage. The cost for the program with patch is the same whether you download the form or send in for the book. No refunds will be given.
Click here for an order form.
For more information about the 39 Counties challenge,
contact Dick Baker
Make checks payable to ESVA.
Completed books/forms should be mailed to:
WA State 39 Counties Challenge
2216 NE 110th St
Vancouver, WA. 98686